Ergonomics in the Office
ETC has provided recommendations to improve the ergonomics of office environments to hundreds of corporations around the globe. Many have entrusted us to educate and train their internal staff for early intervention and identification of risk factors.
ETC currently offers office ergonomics training programs for employees, supervisors, managers and health care professionals either onsite at our clients facilities or through train the trainer programs, online or through e-training, booklets, video etc.
Some of our recent office ergonomics experience includes:
Social Security Administration (SSA)
- ETC developed a customized ‘Train the Trainer’ Office Ergonomics Process for union members nationwide
- Developed an individual ‘one-on-one’ office workstation adjustment training process nationwide
- Developed employee training booklets for the office environment
- Designed and developed train-the-trainer office manuals for field office supervisors.
- Developed a ergonomics training video for new hires
- Conducted baseline ergonomic risk factor analysis of adjustable vs. nonadjustable office furniture.
- Currently ETC is conducting the Office Ergonomics Training nationwide for the SSA.
- ETC is in the process of developing an E-training office training program for SSA
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- A process similar to SSA's ergonomics program was developed and implemented for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in 2005 and is currently being delivered nationally.
US National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Training for all of the hospitals and laboratory personnel within the system
- Office ergonomics training for all staff
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Designed and developed corporate wide office ergonomics process including:
- Developed metrics for process evaluation and tracking
- Provided cost avoidance projections based on completed assessments and employee symptoms
- Provided ergonomic awareness training for central office in Washington, DC, New York City, and San Francisco regional offices
- Provide 1:1 workstation evaluations and solution implementation at Washington DC (450 workstations), New York (150 workstations), and San Francisco (115 workstations)
- Developed recommendations for office furniture and accessories
- Compiled approved list of suppliers (Buyers’ Guide), and worked with FDIC facilities management group to ensure proper installation and layout of office workstations.
- Designed and developed a web based (Intranet) training process for office ergonomics
- Office ergonomics audit
- Office ergonomics training
- Specifications for new office facility development and equipment
- ETC developed customized training processes for the North American Operations to launch the Aventis Ergonomics Process. The training process is multilingual (English, French and Spanish).
- All collateral training materials for each course were developed by ETC and Aventis.
- Aventis adopted ETC’s proprietary risk methodology for job hazard assessment.
- A train-the-trainer process was developed including: Ergonomic Design Engineering (12 hour course)
Ergonomics for Leadership (4 hour course)
Ergonomic Awareness for Associates (2 hour course)
- ETC developed an office ergonomics 1:1 process for Cytec and completed 3 of their facilities’ office personnel located in NJ.
- Trained their corporate H/S staff and ergonomics team to become independent in the ergonomics assessment/ solution process
- ABC News Studios
- Andersen Consulting
- Atlantic Mutual
- AOL Time Warner
- Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Countrywide Finance/Insurance
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Furnished Quarters
- Marriott Corporation
- Social Security Administration
- The Segal Company
- Tokio Marine Insurance Co.
- US National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Copyright © 2008 Ergonomic Technologies Corp. | 201 I.U. Willets Road, Albertson, NY 11507 | (516) 682-8558